The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conference whilst assisting us in preparing and running the events. In return, volunteers are granted free registration.
The Student Volunteer grant covers:
- Access to the main conference, workshops, and all co-located events
- Access to all social events and receptions
Note that the travel and accommodation expenses are not covered by the Student Volunteer grant.
As a ‹Programming› 2020 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world. You will also be able to attend almost all talks.
Tasks performed by student volunteers include but are not limited to:
- assisting session organizers and presenters,
- operating the registration desk,
- video recording and photography,
- checking badges at doors,
- providing information to attendees,
- setting up posters,
- helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly.
Call for Student Volunteers
There are two application deadlines. We strongly recommend to apply before the first deadline: the second round of application is subject to availability of further student volunteer positions.
- First deadline:
January 10, 2020January 20, 2020
- Second deadline: February 18, 2020
In order to apply, please follow these two steps:
- Provide us with a short statement written and signed by your advisor (or a professor that knows you) in which they confirm your student status and express support for your participation in the Programming’20 SV program. You can send the statement by email to the program co-chairs.
- Fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/VmPk5X6mYr3RoeND9
Accepted student volunteers will be notified on
January 17January 27 (first round notification)
- February 21 (second round notification)